Top 5 Things to do in Panama City

Even though it's been about three weeks since my vacation to Panama, my mind is still reeling from all of my experiences. That being said, after giving you guys several posts about individual attractions/things to do, I think it is high time for a list! So, without further ado, here are some awesome things to do during your sojourn into Panama.

1) Cinta Costera 

Cinta Costera was a pleasant surprise. I really didn't think much of it whilst we were on the Metro towards it (the stop is 5 de Mayo). That being said, I am someone who absolutely LOVES surprises, and Cinta Costera was a pleasant and FREE one. It is essentially a park/walk where friends, families, and individuals can run, walk, bike, and generally hang out. The city does a marvelous job of keeping it clean and safe. Moreover, there is a spectacular view of the Panama City skyline that look stunning during the day and night. See the full post HERE.

2) Casco Viejo

Possibly one of my most favorite travel moments of 2015, Casco Viejo is what I would like to describe as the New Orleans French Quarter on Spanish steroids. It is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and just all around beautiful. I have done a full blog post HERE if you would like to read more about this stunning attraction.

3) The Panama Canal 

Ah yes, how can you even think about going to Panama without a visit to the world famous Canal de Panama? That's right, you can't. And for good reason. Full blog post HERE to convince you to visit this incredible engineering marvel.

4) Cerro Ancon 

Sure, we had a hard time trying to get a cab driver to drive us up the hill (language barrier). However, once we did, we were confronted with an incredible view of Panama City. What amazed me was the juxtaposition between the modern skyline and the historic Casco Viejo (pictured).

5) San Blas

Okay, so maybe this is not in Panama City. But c'mon, you are in a beautiful country that has more to offer than its capital city (although there is a LOT there). Treat yo self! I have a full blog post on San Blas HERE to convince you! Trust me, you need a day (or two or seven) on island hopping this idyllic piece of the country.

Have you ever visited Panama?

Comments