Reflecting on an Endless Summer

Las Vegas, Nevada

Bryce Canyon National Park, Utah

Zion National Park, Utah

Memphis, Tennessee

St. Louis, Missouri

Springfield, Illinois
Chicago, Illinois
With winter setting in, I can't help but look back at my perfectly endless summer. You could say that I've had a happy American one with all of my travels. I was fortunate to revisit three places (Las Vegas, Zion National Park, and Memphis) and visit three new places (Bryce Canyon, St. Louis, and Chicago). Out of every place, I would have to say that Bryce Canyon and Chicago top the list.

Although I have a special place for Vegas in my heart due to it being my family's go to vacation spot when I was a kid, Bryce Canyon just trumped it! I couldn't get over how stunning it was and I kept imagining Butch Cassidy riding along the hoodoos. As for Chicago, my sister and I both agreed that a revisit is in order. The city has so much too offer and just one visit is NOT going to suffice!

I will say this, although I am the type of person who, when given the option to explore a new place or an old but awesome place, I will ALWAYS choose the first. However, there is something to be said about revisiting that old place. For example, the last time I was in Memphis was 2008. I remember enjoying myself immensely and walking through the legendary Graceland with my family. My sister and I had a lot of fun during our second visit and seeing the equally legendary Sun Studio; something neither of us had done before. My point is that every place has something to offer and they are worth visiting again for the old and new experiences.

What was your favorite summer destination?

Best Wishes, 

The Pseudo Southerner

Comments