Top 5 Photogenic Places in Portland

I made a trip to Portland, Oregon for the first time this past March. Portland is a city that I've been dying to visit for the past three years because I heard that it's a foodie heaven and is just a fascinating city with a quirky persona...it lived up to its expectations to say the least.

Of course, being the avid Instagrammar that I am, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to scope out some great spots for a picture. This isn't a comprehensive list by any means, but will hopefully give you guys some ideas for your own trip. 

1) Powell's Books
If I had to make a trip to Portland to visit one place, it would be Powell's. It's a bibliophile's dream. I was worried that it would be touristy but was pleased to see a good mix of locals and tourists perusing the shelves. The best part is that it's so huge that you're guaranteed to find a nice corner for your picture as well as peaceful book-shopping time.

s

2) White Stag Sign (aka Portland, Oregon sign)
The White Stag sign is at 70 NW Couch Street on top of the (you guessed it) the White Stag building. The picture below was taken from the street, however you can also get a good shot from the Burnside Bridge. I would actually recommend checking it out at night since it lights up.


3) Burnside Bridge
If you're looking for a pleasant stroll with great views of the Willamette River along with its photogenic bridges.


4) A coffee shop in the rain
Although I went ahead and visited the famous Stumptown, I was still determined to find a random coffee shop and enjoy myself. The picture down below is from Behind the Museum cafe, which you can imagine is located right behind the Portland Museum of Art. It is a Japanese cafe with a great selection of teas that I would highly recommend you check out. The rain just creates the ambiance.


5) Portland' sign at Schnitzer Hall
This 65-foot tall sign has been chilin' in downtown Portland 1928 and has the typical Roarin' 20s charm. I opted to just take a picture of it, but I imagine a couple's or group shot would work out great.


Have you ever been to Portland.

Best Wishes, 
The Pseudo Southerner

Comments