Travel Nostalgia: Los Angeles County Arboretum & Botanic Garden






Growing up in California, I had my fair share of the 'big city.' As such, whenever I traveled as a kid, my family always prioritized visiting the national parks or a place with a significant amount of history. However, when we just wanted to get away for the day, we went to the Los Angeles County Arboretum & Botanic Garden. Take it from an ex-LA native, this was such a wonderful place to explore for the day. From beautiful greenery to the history to the peacocks... Trust me, if I had an Instagram back then, it would have been loaded with pictures of this place!

I am talking about the Arboretum because I feel as though pretty much anything that needs to be said about sightseeing in Los Angeles has been said (not really, but for the most part). However, not much has been said for those who need a break from the big city at least, not that much. You can make this into a day trip or an overnight trip. Honestly, we easily did all it in an afternoon, had some awesome Chinese food afterwards, and came back home.

Although a visit to LA requires that you take time to explore the rich variety of things it has to offer, if you have a day, I encourage you to see what there is to see beyond the city lights.

What do you like you do to get away from the big city?

Best Wishes, 

The Pseudo Southerner

Comments