An Afternoon in Montpelier, Vermont









If you ever find yourself in the capital of an American state, then I would highly recommend seeking out the capitol building. This is the center of the state government and they are all rooted in history. Many times, if you are there at the correct hour, you can get a free tour, which is what happened when we saw the Illinois state capitol. 

The first capitol building that I ever visited was this one in Montpelier, Vermont. Although it is smaller than many of the others, it is an old building with a lot of history. A lot of this is also attributed to the fact that Vermont is one of the original 13 colonies. As such, the state has done a lot and seen a lot. 

Please pardon the grainy pictures, these were taken several years ago before I got my hands on a good camera. However, I hope you can at least get the gist of what I saw when I visited. 

Which state capitols have you visited?

Best Wishes, 

The Pseudo Southerner

Comments