Thoughts & Roadtrips




In my humble opinion, there is only one way to properly experience the USA: taking a Great American Roadtrip! Now the definition of 'great' certainly varies, is it crossing statelines? Driving an 'x' number of miles? Going across the country? My college was a three and a half hour drive from home, so during free weekends, I hopped into my car and drove across state lines to see my family. The drive itself was always beautiful, especially during the Spring and early Fall. In my mind, this was a roadtrip home, albeit a short one.

On my recent trip to Las Vegas, we road tripped to Bryce Canyon National Park in Utah, a four hour long trip that took us through Arizona and then into Utah; a region with a picturesque landscape that surprised me. Living in the South, we don't have the same mountainous terrain as this part of western America. In fact, the town that we stayed in, Beaver, was the birthplace of no other that Butch Cassidy, and I couldn't help but imagine that I was in a western.


We were so high up that many of the mountains had snow on them in the middle of May.

And of course, our final destination
Let me tell you, stunning mountains with a blue sky studded with clouds in the back and green fields in front of it. It all really makes a girl want to hop on to a horse and ride into the sunset. But alas, the open road had to suffice. Although I love road trips, I am always apprehensive about being in a car for so long, but the natural beauty of Utah made the journey to Bryce absolutely incredible.

On a side note, please pardon my abhorrent lack of pictures, I did take several, but the memory on my phone was reaching its maximum capacity (first world problems) and I had to delete some that I took. 

If you find yourself near Las Vegas, Nevada or Salt Lake City, Utah, please consider making a weekend trip to see Bryce Canyon National Park and/or Zion National Park, I guarantee you that the journey will be just as great as the destination(s).



Comments